5.30.2009

Confession Saturday


I confess:

--I told my kids that all the cottonwood seeds that are blowing around everywhere are actually woodland fairies who are returning from their winter quarters for summertime.

--I am inexpressibly glad that neither of the boys wanted to play a spring/summer sport this year. No scrambling around to fix an early dinner, find the uniform, baseball glove, shin pads, water bottle, sunscreen, lawn chair, and dash to the baseball/soccer field twice a week.

--I can't remember the last time I washed my bedspread. I confess, it might have been as long as two years ago. Which wouldn't matter as much if it weren't a cream-colored spread that shows every bit of dirt.

--I also can't remember when it was that I last washed my hair, but it might have been Tuesday (as Husband has often said, "If you can't remember, it's probably time to wash it again.").

--I have one of almost every color of Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer lip gloss and none of them looks good on me. I confess, I hate being without some form of lip color, and on the rare occasions when I have found myself with bare lips, I have bought the whole spectrum of Burt's Bees, one at a time. Even though they are not terribly expensive ($3-$4 each), I hate to think of how much money I have spent on lip gloss that looks bad. I confess, I still do believe it's better than nothing. (Funny story: one time when I bought one, the check out person said to me: "Oh, thanks for paying for that lip gloss. Most people just steal those.").

Happy beautiful spring weekend, everyone.


(Image is public domain, Edwin Austin Abbey's "Fairies")

1 comment:

ljchicago said...

I have Fig and Rhubarb in the Burt's Bees. Love them.

Our bedspread is bad, too. It definitely hasn't been washed since before Billy was born and he's spit up on it A LOT. I have it on my calendar to wash our mattress pad and bedspread every three months and flip the mattress then, too...doesn't happen.

I confess that I gave my first-born organic milk but am not doing that for my second.